- Adventure5k is a 3.1 mile run with an exciting obstacle course within the race. Each run is different, challenging participants to think on their feet, push themselves, and tackle obstacles before them. Break out of the normal 5k road race, push yourself to experience something new, and celebrate after with music, food and beer!
Adventure5k was created by NH.com in partnership with CrossFit TUFF.
- Are you ready for an adventure? We've got a great race planned at Liquid Planet where you can run through the woods, crawl through mud and conquer a few obstacles all in one race! Challenge yourself and help us support Moore*Mart! Spring will be here before you know it - get ready now!
Join us at Liquid Planet located at 446 Raymond Road, Candia, NH. (about 12 miles east of Manchester).
- Who is this event for?
Adventure5k is for anyone interested in a fun challenge, including a 5k run and some exciting obstacles. This is a race for people aged 15 and up. This is not one of those crazy extreme races where you're dropping off of a cliff, but if you're the type who'd rather sit on the couch than join in the fun, it might not be for you.
You need to be able to run 3.1 miles and perform basic challenges.
What's the course like?
There are some flat areas, some picturesque areas, and some hilly areas! This is not going to be a walk in the park!
Do you have a course map?
The course map will be released soon. If you want to check out the area from a bird's eye view, here's a Bing map. Obstacle details are below - connect with us on Facebook.
What are the obstacles like?
We've come up with an assortment of fun and challenging obstacles. This is not an all-inclusive list or a guarantee that all of these will appear, but it will give you an idea of what we're up to!
• The Briar Patch - You do know what a briar patch is, right? ;) Yup, we've got one!
• The Monster - You know that big green wall down in Boston? Might feel like you're trying to climb it.
• Slinky - Jump, crawl, repeat. Yup, you're a human slinky now!
• Black Out - You aren't scared of the dark are you? Get in there!
• The Burrows - It might be a tight squeeze, but it shouldn't hurt.
• Road Rage - Get out your aggression with knees up!
• The Swamp - Pretend you're at the beach ... :)
• Land Slide - You might get a little muddy tackling this one ...
• Gravity Defier - Climb baby climb! Might be a little slippery.
• The Plank - How's your balance? Might want to work on that.
• Black Widow - She sure does leave a mess
• Monkey Trap - Don't let your foot slip, it could be problematic
• Eat Dirt - It might be easier if you just go ahead and give in to eating a little dirt
• Lumber Jack - Do we really need to say more?--
What Should I Wear?
You will get wet and muddy! We suggest you wear lightweight fast-drying clothing, gloves for enabling better grip on ropes and sneakers. We do not recommend you wear jewelry. We also ask that you please NOT wear shoes with anything other than a rubber sole as they will tear up the course and you might hurt yourself or others. Some teams or individuals like to dress up. We encourage you to dress up (we may choose costume contest winners!), but please think of safety and comfort first.
What Should I Bring?
You will be wet and muddy at the end of the race. Depending on the temperature, you might be cold too! We recommend you bring a change of clothes, shoes and a towel. There will be an area to rinse off, but it will be outdoors and not in a private area. Some people like to bring flip flops for the rinsing area. There will be changing tents that are separated by gender.
Keep in mind it may be cold! You MUST have your driver's license to receive your packet with your bib and timing chips. We will have a bag check area. Please arrive at least one hour prior to your wave time. If you are under 18 years old, you must bring your parent or legal guardian and they must have a driver's license for identification to sign the waiver to authorize you to run the course.
What do I get on Race Day?
You will receive a packet with your bib (please put it on the front of the outside of your shirt), a race chip for timing purposes, a souvenir t-shirt and some other fun things! You MUST have your driver's license to receive your packet. Please arrive at least one hour prior to your running start time.
Can I run by myself or do I have to be a part of a team?
You can sign up as an individual runner or as part of a team. Teams can be created during the registration process at no additional charge, so even if you are only running with one other person, you can have your own team name. Many runners sign up, create a team, and recruit others to run with them. The team atmosphere is energetic, supportive, challenging and fun. Some teams come up with creative names and costumes. Super recruiters may find some extra goodies in their registration packet as a thank you from Adventure5k and our charity.
Can I bring others with me on race day?
Yes, spectators are welcome. Spectator fee is $5 per adult ($3 for kids 12 & under) at Liquid Planet. There is no charge for parking and there are indoor restrooms.
What's the parking situation?
Parking is free. You will see parking signs and attendants to assist with any questions.
Do you need volunteers?
We love volunteers who want to post promotional flyers and always need help the week of the event and on the event day. Please email Tracy Dionne at firstname.lastname@example.org with Volunteer Opportunities in the subject line and let us know about you!
Day of Event Volunteers Receive
• Adventure5K Volunteer Shirt
• Food Voucher
*limited number accepted
What happens if I can't attend?
When you register, you agree that all sales are final. There are no refunds for any reasons. If you are unable to attend due to injury or other circumstances, you may transfer your registration by May 19, 2013 at the very latest.
How do I transfer my registration?
You can only transfer your registration if it is still at least 13 days before race day. You may transfer your registration by sending an email to Tracy Dionne at email@example.com. We need to have the first and last name of the person you wish to transfer it to, as well as their address, phone number, date of birth, email address and shirt size. All information noted is required to transfer registration. We will confirm receipt of your request and let you know when the transfer has been completed. If you do not hear from us, the transfer did not happen, and you must call Tracy at (603) 594-6421 at least 13 days prior to the race day to confirm receipt of the request to transfer your registration. Once we have transferred the registration, the new person will receive an email confirmation.
Is there a rain date?
No, this event is on rain, snow, sleet or shine!
Adventure5k officials reserve the right to modify any event rule at any time for any reason.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-594-6421.
- Sign up to receive our email alerts & race updates!
- We love giving stuff away at Adventure5K.com so check back often for more contests!
Race Day June 2013
Race Day October 2012
Race Day April 2012