E-mail | Web site
Jessica is the NH.com Editor and Producer. She has a BA in Creative Writing from Chester College of NE, and a M.Ed. specializing in Adult Education from Plymouth State University. She is happily married and a proud mama of two perfect little boys and is motivated to alert New Hampshirites to the hottest goings-on in the state. Her interests include cracking the spine of a good book, writing, painting and cuddling with her babies on the sofa while some terrible reality TV hums in the background.
DIY Valentine's Day Food: Heart Cake, Chocolate Pizza, & More Recipes You Will Love
Monday, February 3, 2014
Valentine's Day is the day of indulgence! It seems everything is chocolate centered or chocolate dipped-even bacon! Here are some decadent recipes for you to make this Valentine's Day! The best part about all of these recipes is they are made to share! We've also included some health-inspired (but still indulgent) recipes!
If you're still getting into the Valentine's Day spirit, read our list of the best love quotes, poems, songs, movies, children's books, & more!
How To Make A Heart Shaped Cake
You can make a perfect heart shaped cake, even without a heart shaped pan!
1. Bake one square cake, and one round cake.
2. Slice the round cake in half.
3. Place each rounded half by the sides of the square cake to make your heart!
4. Frost and decorate!
Mini Chocolate Pizzas
- 1 tube biscuit dough
- Shaved coconut
- Milk chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
- M&Ms, nuts, or other favorite small candies
1. Press biscuit dough rounds onto baking pans
2. Sprinkle milk and white chocolate chips, then shaved coconut
3. Top with M&Ms, nuts, or other favorite small candies
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until biscuit dough is golden
Dipped Fruit Delight
Who needs a box of chocolates when you have fresh fruits!?
- Washed fruit assortment (strawberries, raspberries, bananas, apple slices, etc.)
- Milk, dark, or white chocolate chips
- Strawberry or vanilla Greek yogurt
1. Set half of your fruit aside
2. Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring in between.
3. Dip half of your fruits in chocolate
4. Set chocolate dipped fruit on a wax paper lined tray; refrigerate for two hours
5. Dip the rest of the fruit in Greek yogurt, using a spoon to evenly coat
6. Set yogurt dipped fruit on a wax paper lined tray; freeze for two hours
- 16 ounces of yogurt (your choice of flavor(s)-strawberry or raspberry make a nice, Valentine's Day pink!)
- 4 cups whipped topping
- Prepared graham cracker crust (chocolate or original)
1. Mix yogurt and thawed whipped topping
2. Fill crust with mixture
3. Freeze overnight
4. Slice and enjoy!
* Consider adding some fresh fruit or chocolate chips to your filling!
Enjoy this Valentine's Day with your loved ones!