E-mail | Web site
Jessica is the NH.com Editor and Producer. She has a BA in Creative Writing from Chester College of NE, and a M.Ed. specializing in Adult Education from Plymouth State University. She is happily married and a proud mama of two perfect little boys and is motivated to alert New Hampshirites to the hottest goings-on in the state. Her interests include cracking the spine of a good book, writing, painting and cuddling with her babies on the sofa while some terrible reality TV hums in the background.
What to do with left-over Easter candy, tips and recipes
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
The bunny delivered the last of his eggs on Sunday, Passover feasts are finished and you have tons of leftover candy, goodies, and food. Now what?
Use all that leftover candy to make these yummy treats of course!
Leftover Easter Candy Tips
Melt it! Use melted Easter candy as an ice cream topping, or as a fruit dip. Or pour steamed milk over a creme egg in a cup for a decadent spin on hot chocolate!
Mix it up! Chop up that extra candy and add it to pancakes, muffins, cakes, and brownies. Leftover candy is a delicious addition to just about any cookie dough.
Make s'mores! Leftover Peeps and bunnies make great s'mores, and they are easy to make in the microwave.
Make cocktails with leftover Easter candy! Jellybeans make a great addition to your favorite cocktail recipe.
Leftover Easter Candy Recipes
Bird Nest Cookies Recipe
Bake chocolate eggs into cookies, for a fun, spring-themed treat! A bag of eggs can disappear quickly, but we may think twice before eating a whole plate of cookies!
1. Prepare and bake your favorite cookie recipe, but pull cookies from oven one minute early.
2. Press a chocolate egg into each cookie.
3. Return cookies to oven for one final minute.
4. Enjoy, or SHARE!
Jelly Bean & Peeps Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
Makes 12 servings
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 cups marshmallow Peeps, chopped into bite-sized pieces
6 cups Rice Krispies or other similar cereal
Jellybeans (as many or as little as you like)
1. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Melt butter in a large pot over low heat. Mix in Peeps and stir until well combined and melted together.
2. Take pot off of heat and stir in Rice Krispies until coated. Stir jellybeans into mixture until fully combined. Press mixture into a baking dish. Let cool and cut into squares.
Easter Candy Cake Recipe
Makes 12 servings
2-3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
8 ounces unsalted butter, softened
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
2 cups chopped leftover Easter candy
Confectioners' sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and coat a bundt pan with butter and dust with flour.
2. Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl. In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then beat in almond and vanilla extract and sour cream. Beat flour mixture in gradually until well combined. Stir the candy into batter.
3.Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool for a few minutes then remove cake from pan and let cool fully. Dust with confectioners' sugar when ready to serve.
Easter Candy Pizza Recipe
Easter Candy chopped into pieces
1 1/4 cubes (or 10 Tlbs.) softened butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup nestles mini morsels - semi sweet
1. Combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add salt, baking soda and flour - stir until combined. 2. Add mini morsels.
3. Place dough in a greased 14" round pizza pan or a 15 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 1" rectangular pan.
4. Cook for 15 to 17 minutes at 375 degrees.
5. While the dough is baking in a microwave safe bowl add: 1 cup milk chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of peanut butter. Heat until melted and smooth, it makes a yummy sauce.
6. Once the cookie dough is done baking, smooth the sauce all over the top.
7. Decorate the top with all the candy toppings! Allow cookies to completely cool in the pan then serve and enjoy.
Easter Candy Recipes on Pinterest
Here are our favorite Easter candy recipe pins from Pinterest!